AOL mail login / AOL Signup: AOL is a free email service provided by Verizon Communications. AOL was acquired by Verizon Communications in the year 2015. It is one of the early pioneers of the Internet in the mid-1990s, and the most recognized brand on the web in the U.S. It originally provided a dial-up service to millions of Americans, as well as providing a web portal, e-mail and instant messaging. AOL is a popular free email service still used by millions of people all over the world.
Aol mail has a significant name in the users and AOL has great features. Hence it has a considerable number of users even today. Now Aol is a part of Verizon communications which is a subsidiary of Oath.
Many people like to use AOL Mail as their primary since it has extensive features. Many people do not know, how to sign up for AOL mail, how to login to AOL mail and few are unaware of AOL mail features. Hence I have decided to write a detailed guide on them. So, first of all, let’s have a look the features of AOL mail.
Aol Mail Features
Below are some of the notable features of AOL mail.
- Aol mail provides unlimited storage support to the users. There is no limit on your mail storage.
- Aol Mail supports POP3, SMTP, IMAP protocols
- Aol mail also lets you link with other free email service providers such as Gmail, Hotmail, and few others.
- You can send attachments of size up to 25MB using AOL Mail.
- Aol mail comes with AIM. AIM stands for AOL Instant Messenger, with which you can live chat with your friends, relatives, colleagues.
- AOL mail is fully Spam free and virus free. Aol mail keeps you away from all kinds of spams. Even the virus can’t penetrate into your machine with Aol Mail.
- Aol Mail uses end to end encryption to protect data of the user.
There are many other features seen in AOL Mail. To explore each and every I in AOL mail, you’ve to sign up for AOL mail. Below I am going to teach you, how to create AOL mail.
AOL Mail Sign up / How to create AOL Mail:
To create AOL mail, follow the below steps.
- first of all, visit www.aolmail.com
- Click on Get a Free Username
- You’ll be taken to a page, where you have to fill a form. Which is nothing but AOL mail sign up form
- Here you have to give your first name, last name, desired username, password, Date of birth, Gender, Zip code and mobile number to sign up. You can also set up security questions in order to keep your account safe from the hackers. you can also provide the alternative email address, which can help you to recover your email in case it gets hacked!
- Finally, enter the Captcha to prove you are a Human, and click on Sign up!
That’s it. you’re done with AOL Sign up. This way you can sign up for AOL mail.
So you’re done with creating AOL mail. So let’s see how you can log in to your AOL mail.
Also Check : Gmail Sign Up Process
AOL mail Login / Sign in:
As you’ve learned AOL sign up above, now let’s see how you can do AOL Sign in.
- First of all, visit aolmail.com
- You’ll be taken to a page where you’ve to enter your registered email address and the password.
- After entering the password, click on Sign in. You’ll be signed into AOL mail!
This way you can log in to your AOL mail.
Note: During AOL Mail Sign in, make sure you enter your password respecting uppercase letters and lowercase letters. The password is case sensitive, in case if your password contains a uppercase letter. Instead, you enter lowercase, in that case, you can’t be able to login to your AOL mail.
In case if you face any issue in AOL Mail Sign up, or AOL Mail Sign in, feel free to comment below.
How to Reset AOL Mail password
Many AOL mail users ask me, how do I reset my AOL password. They’ve lost their password, and they don’t know how to retrieve their AOL mail. So additionally i am adding this guide.
In order to reset your AOL mail password, do follow the below steps carefully.
- First of all sign into your AOL mail following above steps.
- During AOL Mail Sign in, you can see an option “forgot your password?”.
- Simply click on that option
- Now, you’ll be taken to a page, where you’ll be asked to answer the security question, which you’ve added during AOL Mail Sign up.
- If you remember the answer to security question, simply answer the password, and follow the next steps. In case, if you forgot the answer to security question, then select more options.
- Now you’ll be asked to verify the mobile number. If you select this option, then you’ll get a One Time Password on your registered mobile number, which you’ve used during AOL Mail Sign up.
- Enter the OTP and verify your mobile number.
- If you don’t have the registered mobile number with you, then you can choose verification through alternative email address which you’ve provided during sign up.
- You’ll get a confirmation link to your alternative email address, to prove that account belongs to you.
- After that, you’ll be taken to a page where you can enter your new password.
This way you can reset your AOL Mail password. If you face any issue, feel free to comment below or contact us.
Points to remember After Creating Aol Mail (mail.aol.com)
- If the registered AOL mail is inactive for 90 days, then you email gets deactivated automatically.
- At this point, people cannot send you any emails. Even if they send any mail to you, they get back to them!
- After 180 days of inactivity, your account gets deleted. And someone will have the authorization to use your username after 180 days of Inactivity